Sunday, May 24, 2009




I picked up this book at the library the other day. I had seen it before and was very intrigued. It's a fun book, I recommend it.

Because of it, I started to read the Little House in the Big Woods. Hot dang, y'all. Caroline Ingalls was freaking amazing. I mean, Charles Ingalls was really cool, shooting bears and building cabins and whatnot. But Caroline made butter, cheese, and all sorts of other cool things. The thing that particularly fascinated me was that she made straw hats. SHE MADE THEM.

I'm not saying that those times would be fun to live in. I am so used to heat, electricity, and my livelihood not burning in fires or being ruined by droughts...but I can't help but think how cool it is that that sort of thing was normal back then. It makes me sad how making things yourself is not so prevalent.

My friends don't get my crafting love. It's the neatest thing to make something useful for yourself. It is so rewarding. I'm so glad I have it.

No comments: